Are you looking out for a benchtop milling machine to simplify your projects? If yes, then you can now stop your searching process because we are here up with the 5 best benchtop milling machines. For small projects, it is not feasible to use the large milling machines that are normally present in big factories and workshops, so it is advisable to use benchtop milling machines. A milling machine is one of the most important pieces of equipment found in both small and big workshops because of its versatility and ability to machine flat and irregular surfaces. It can serve many purposes such as milling, drilling, and even lathing. A large variety of work can be done by using these machines. When it comes to selecting the best benchtop milling machine you need to think about various aspects, such as the size of your workshop, the size of your projects, your budget and a few other aspects. In this list, we have done the thinking and research for you and have come up with the 5 best benchtop milling machines.
If you are looking for a benchtop milling machine for large projects, then the Jet JMD-18 Mill Drill Machine is the one for you. The 2-horsepower machine is efficient and precise and acts as a professional tool whether you are working with wood, aluminum or even ceramic providing a large working table. It has heavy-duty tapered roller bearings and a hinged belt cover which helps in making the faster speed changes.
- The voltage required by this machine is 115 V.
- The length of the worktable is 9.5” by 31.75”
- The weight of this machine is 739 lbs.
- Is a good option for commercial jobs
- The hinged belt cover provides quick speed changes
- More space to work on large projects
- Slightly heavy
Table Of Contents
2) Erie Tools Mini Milling Machine
For heavy duty jobs, the Erie Tools Mini Milling Machine is your best option. It offers many features like variable speed control, a safety shut-off switch, and even a forward and reverse switch.
- It has an engine of ¾ horsepower.
- Worktable dimensions are 9.45” by 5.7”
- The weight of this machine is 112 lbs
- Has a reverse as well as a forward switch that makes it easy to use.
- The best option for deep as well as heavy-duty jobs.
- Speed is variable and can be controlled accordingly.
- Packaging for shipment is not ideal
- There are slight complaints from the users
3) Sunwin Metal Mini Milling Machine
Are you looking out for a budget-friendly machine for the milling work? If yes, then Sunwin Metal Mini Milling Machine would be the best option ever. Every main component of this machine is made up of metal including the spindle. The compact size of this machine provides mobility for many operations.
- The engine is of ¾ horsepower.
- The weight of this machine is 6.2 lbs.
- The dimensions are 9.8”x 5.9”x 5.9”.
- It is budget-friendly
- Light in weight and easy for installation
- Has a small footprint that helps while working on a crowded workbench
- Is only good for beginners
- There are some issues with tackling large jobs
4) OTMT OT221 Benchtop Milling Machine
Are you looking out for a milling machine that can be a great choice for the small home workshop? If yes, then OTMT OT221 Benchtop Milling Machine would be the best selection ever. The machine can be operated easily by setting up variable speeds. There are two different speed ranges, one-speed range ranging from 0 to 1100 RPM and the other speed range ranging from 1100 to 2500 RPM.
- The machine is ½ horsepower.
- The size of the worktable is 3 ½ *15”.
- The weight of this machine is 140 lbs.
- The minimum RPM is 0 while the maximum RPM is 2500.
- The dimension of the machine is 22”x 19.7”x 29.1”
- Is an ideal choice for the small home workshop
- Has variable speed controls
- The head of this milling machine can tilt up to 45 degrees to the left and right-hand side offering accurate results.
- Gets slacked after some time of usage
- Few complaints from the user side
5) Mophorn Mini Milling Machine
If you are looking for a mini milling machine that has a tool kit included with it, then your wait is over because the Morphon Mini Milling Machine offers a tool kit with it. It also has an adjustable depth stop, adjustable dovetail column, and even a fine feed head control. It offers a variable speed control and also has a gear drive along with it. The size of the machine is reasonable, and it comes with many great features.
- The engine is of ¾ horsepower.
- The voltage of this machine is 110 v.
- The worktable has the dimensions 18”x4.5”
- The minimum RPM is 0.
- The maximum RPM is 2500.
- The weight of this machine is 170lbs.
- The dimensions of this machine are 20”x20”x30.25”
- The head of this milling machine can tilt to 45 degrees to the left and right-hand side for offering accurate results.
- The tool kit is included along with the machine.
- The variable speed control system provides versatility.
- Some user complaints are recorded.
1) What is the topmost size of the drill that could be held in a sensitive drilling machine?
15.5 mm is the topmost size of the drill that can be held easily in the sensitive drilling machine. The drill can be fed into it too easily by hand. And since the worker can get the feeling while fitting the drill, so due to this it has got the name “sensitive drilling machine”.
2) How can be the tabletop drilling machine-classified?
The tabletop drilling machine is classified into the “general purpose drilling machine category” as that is not utilized for any specific application.
3) Which feed can be inserted into the tabletop drilling machine?
Only manual type of feeding can be given to the tabletop drilling machine because this machine is never dealt with the heavy jobs.
4) What is the average height of the table tap drilling machine?
The average height of the tabletop drilling machine is 1 to 3 feet in height.
So this was all about the 5 best Benchtop machines. We hope that we have answered most of your concerns and helped you out with selecting the best benchtop milling machine for your projects. So if you find this article informative then do like and share our writings.